Saturday, 19 October 2013

The streets of Harare on a busy Monday.

I had the intention of finding out how my 'unemployed' spent their day
ih harare's CBD.

I walked to 1st Street where I was sure I would bump into someone I knew.
I met the kind of people that I can't handle.

One claimed he was selling insurance policies for Old Mutual.
I am not into the insurance business but I just could not believe it.
In the end, this insurance broker was asking me for dollar to buy a pie.
I gave him.

The second one claimed that he was a technical manager at Brown Engineering.
I am a technologist myself, engineer by training.
I knew he was lying but I didn't question further.
We later parted ways.

The third one was a lady that I had sort of fancied in college.
She was well adorned and well decorated.
She told me she was now marketing at Munn Publishing.
I wanted to believe her but her phone told me otherwise.
I bought her a pie and we parted ways.

I returned home a disappointed man.
Zimbabweans were afraid of calling a spade a spade.
Instead people are lying to themselves, believing they are employed
yet they roam the streets of Harare on empty stomachs and thirsty
throats.

Someone must own up to reality.

For the good of the Republic!


--




Kind Regards

Ittai Bryan
facebook.com/ibmatteu
ibmatteu.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow by Email