Tough times ahead for Zimbabwe under ZANU PF.
1. Government - failing to deliver on promises struggling to pay
bloated civil service wage bill.
Departments heavily militarised and blighted by corruption.
ZANU will blaming failure on sanctions.
2. Economy - indigenised, informalised, porous and unresponsive to
3. Health and education - expensive, chronic shortages of qualified
staff, medical and educational material.
State system defunct.
Private & informal institutions sprouting.
4. Agriculture - producing virtually no food relying on imports.
Farmers concentrating on tobacco and cotton but relying on food handouts.
5. Manufacturing - producing nothing.
Nation importing everything.
6. Financial - most institutions merged or liquidated.
Money in informal hands, manipulation of the Rand - US$ exchange rate
by forex dealers.
7. ICT - only thriving sector & alternative media.