It's becoming clearer that Zimbabwe was and isn't ready for a July 31 election.
- bungled what they later said was an experimental registration exercise,
- bungled the mobile registration process,
- bungled the 2 day special voting,
- no confidence in the integrity and competence of the institution.
Violence and intimidation
- persists unabated,
- invoking the horrific memories of 2008,
- perpetrators promising more hell for perceived enemies,
- tearing posters and banners,
- leaders dwelling more on hate speech than bread and butter issues.
- pro-ZANU PF propaganda intensified in more subtle forms,
- peddling hate speech.
Security services sector
- meddling in electoral processes,
- openly campaigning for and supporting ZANU PF failing to separate party from State.
The July 31 elections will be a sham.
Let not one man drag us into the mud.
For the good of the Republic!